This page demonstrates how to remove voters who have already cast a ballot in the upcoming election from your Walk Targets. The removal method your campaign will use will differ depending on whether you are using data from a state election date (including statewide primary and general elections as well as state office special elections) or other dates (such as off-year municipals).
State Election Dates
To automatically remove those who have already voted from your walk targets for state election dates, the process is as simple as pressing a button. From the main menu, navigate to Walk Project Administration. Find the Target you wish to auto remove voters from, and select "Edit." On the right side of the screen, select the check box next to "Auto-remove Early & AB voted" and save. The project will now automatically update each day as we process the data.
Other Election Dates
For non-state election dates, the process will be a bit different. First, you will need to obtain the list of the Early and AB voters from your Supervisor of Elections and then you can follow these steps:
- From the main menu select "Tags" or "Groups Management" if coming from the old menu, and select "Add new tag/group."
- Name the new Tag/Group "Already Voted" and hit save.
- Select "Import" next to the name of the new Tag/Group, and this will take you to a screen where you can copy and paste the voter ID numbers from the SOE list into webElect. Once you have entered the numbers, hit save.
- Navigate back to the main menu, and select Targeting.
- Select next page until you arrive at the Group Criteria page. Select the bubble that corresponds with "Keep Only if Member of" and the "Already Voted" group that we just created. This will output only the voters in that group. Proceed to the next page.
- On the Output screen, select Show Options next to Walk/Canvassing. From the options that appear, select "Kick out of" and then select the Target that you would like to remove the Already Voted group from. This will effectively remove all the voters that have already cast a ballot from your Target. Repeat as needed as you obtain updated lists from the SOE.
See below for a brief viedo walkthrough of how the process works from the New Menu.
Last updated by Alli Bundy, created August 18, 2016