The webElect Mobile App gives a campaign the ability to identify targeted voters/households on a map, review information about voters while walking up to knock on a door, and record information obtained in a canvassing conversation all from the convenience of a mobile device while out in the field.
If you have questions about how to download the App or need help troubleshooting, please visit Mobile App Instructions.
Note: This video is for a previous version of the webElect App. An updated video is under construction. However, the App functions are generally the same.
- Enter your usual username (email address) and App PIN (a 4-digit number, different from your password).
- If you do not know your PIN, click the "Email it to me" link. (You can also log in to webElect.net and click "Change Info/Password" to view/reset your PIN.)
- Click "Verify" to login. You will then have the option to turn the PIN requirement on/off and save your settings.
- Once logged in, click your campaign name to continue
- If you need to change campaigns or log out, click "Change Campaign" on the Main Menu (and then "Change User" at the bottom of the page to log out.)
Accessing a Walk Packet or Walk Target
- On the App Main Menu, click Walk/Canvassing
- You will now see how many Packets are assigned to you and/or how many Targets you have access to.
- Click either Walk Packets or Walk Targets to see a list of each that are available
- Then click on the desired Packet/Target to view its summary page and begin canvassing
- If you have been given a printed walk packet, you may enter the packet ID number from the top of the packet.
- If you are walking as a team, you may enter the packet ID number of a packet assigned to a partner.
Walk Target/Packet Summary
- The summary page shows the number of houses completed and remaining, and lists three ways to view the target/packet: Map Near Me, Map All, and List View
- Map Near Me: Zooms in to your location on the map and displays nearby targeted houses
- Map All: Zooms out on the map to display all of the targeted houses in the target/packet
- List View: Displays the packet as a list, alphabetically by street name, similar to a paper packet (Note: List View is only available for Walk Packets, not for Targets)
Canvassing and Entering Data
- On the map, tap on a pin to bring up the address
- Tap on the address to show all eligible voters (targeted voters will be in bold at the top of the list)
- Tap the survey icon (paper and pen to the right of each name) to show all possible options for data entry
- To add a voter to a group/tag them with information, just tap the
star to the left of the group name (it will then be highlighted gold)
- Note: If you do not see any groups as options, go into Walk/Canvassing->Walk Target: Edit on the computer and add groups to the "Group Tracking/Mobile App Groups section"
- Click the "Back" button in the top left corner (all data entered is saved automatically)
- To mark the house as completed, mark the checkbox next to the address and then tap the "Complete" button at the bottom of the screen
- Now on the map, you'll see the pin has changed to gray to show it is complete and you can continue canvassing
Last updated by Doug Homan, created June 6, 2016